Monday, June 27, 2016

Confession, Promises, and an Address Change

I'll confess this now, since Andrew's accident I have not been reading my Bible.  But last night my heart was heavy with a true desire to read God's word.  I'm not angry with God that he took Andrew, I'm just sad I cannot hang out with him anymore.  I have not said "Why me?" but I have absolutely said "Why him?".  I am a believer so I am also disappointed in myself for having waited 3 months to return to God's word for comfort.  I now feel like I am supposed to share these scriptures He gave me last night as it will hopefully bring comfort to someone.  I think someone else besides me must also need to hear this promise from the Lord.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18  “Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him.  According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep.  For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.  Therefore encourage one another with these words.”

I like thinking that Andrew has just fallen asleep in Jesus and knowing that God has promised to bring all the believers together one day, forever.  

And though I am brokenhearted over losing my son, God has never left me.

Psalm 34:18  “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.”

I read somewhere, maybe another blog, about a man whose wife had died.  I don't remember the exact details but he was either answering a call or a letter and responded that his wife had recently changed her address to Heaven.  What a beautiful thought.  I love that.  So if you are looking for Andrew, he has recently changed his address to Heaven.  I know this because once again, Jesus promised this:

John 14:1-4  “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.”

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you found the word again. I would love to talk if you have the time. I looked you up on Facebook and tried to friend request you but idk what happened. Well I hope to hear from you. Sincerely Josh Buckner

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete