Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Birth Month - Day 10

Ask any woman what she carries in her purse and the answer is usually her "essentials".  For some that is make-up, credit cards, or coupons.  For me it is pens, I love a good pen and I usually have several in my purse at all times.  I think for men it must be the same with regards to their wallets.  If you snoop through a man's wallet you'll likely find the things he values, even more than the money it might contain.

When Andrew died, he had no actual cash in his wallet.  He didn't like cash, he liked his debit card and credit card.  He also had his social security card, driver's license, and insurance card.  Standard stuff really for any man's wallet.  But if you looked at what he folded up and tucked away in his wallet, you could see what he truly valued.  

Here's what was in his wallet the day he died:

The receipt from the Michael Kors purse he bought Natalia for Christmas.



The ticket stubs from the last two movies they saw together.



And here's the one that brought tears to my eyes.  The ticket from the Falcons game in December 2014.  That's what Chris (my brother) had give us for Christmas that year - tickets to a Falcons game. So Matt, Andrew and I went.  I don't really remember much about it, other than the outrageous prices for parking (we paid $40).  But it meant enough to Andrew to hold on to the ticket.  Either he really enjoyed the game, hanging with Matt and I, or wanted to remember what Chris had given us.  No matter the actual reason, it was special enough for Andrew to hold on to it.  Gosh I miss him!



2 comments:

  1. from all these beautiful memoirs you share here, your precious son def shows, he was a very special soul. God bless you my friend on your continued journey of healing. <3

    ReplyDelete