Thursday, August 25, 2016

Birth Month - Day 25

Today is my mom's 71st birthday.  She used to joke that I gave her Matt for Christmas (he was born December 20, 1990) and Andrew for her 50th birthday.  I wish that I had more pictures of my mom and Andrew together, but she was usually the one taking all the pictures so she is not in very many of them.

Andrew and my mom, "Nana", had a special relationship.  He always wanted to go to her house because she had a pool, a lake, and playground in her subdivision.  She also let him play in the flower beds and he even pooped in them like a dog, because he was too busy to come inside.  He'd spend hours at her house on the computer playing games and they also baked a lot of cookies together - probably where he learned to bake them with love. And although he was only 12 at the time, Andrew spent many hours at her bedside when she entered hospice, even spending the night with me there.

So Happy Birthday to my mom and Happy Birth week to her and Andrew!  I'm glad they have each other again!


No comments:

Post a Comment