Monday, August 29, 2016

Birth Month - Day 29

When Andrew was growing up he was always quiet and shy.  I often wondered did he not stand a chance with Matt and I since we were always so loud.  Then as he got into middle and high school I learned he was quite the talker.  I thought perhaps the teachers were contacting the wrong parent but soon learned Andrew was indeed spreading his wings and talking up a storm.  After he died I was desperate to hear stories about him from other people, whether they knew him well or not.  I just wanted to know people remembered him fondly.  I have plenty of my own stories of Andrew, but as a mother, I wanted to know that other people genuinely liked him.  I wanted to know others who loved him and saw good in him too.  I needed to know his life mattered and impacted others.  I was not disappointed.  I received many cards, letters, notes, emails, and texts full of wonderful memories.  As I look back on them today, I wanted to share a couple from two people who didn't know him that well, but thought enough of him to send me these notes.  Thank you to everyone who loved Andrew and many thanks for sharing your stories.




No comments:

Post a Comment