Monday, August 1, 2016

Birth Month - Day 1

Today is August 1st and this month Andrew would have turned 21.  I thought I would try to get back to positive thoughts so I am going to try and share a special gift, letter, memory, or story about Andrew each day this month.  I hope I can make it every day.

Anyway, since Andrew's death, I have received many cards, letters, and gifts.  I am grateful for each and every one of them.  In addition to all the food and flowers, many reached out with other special touches.

One of the biggest surprises and something I will treasure forever is a blanket/throw that was given to me by the Patient Access Department (Andrew's co-workers and the ones I support and train).  They took the time to gather pictures that had special memories for me and then had a blanket created.  It is absolutely amazing.


So from left to right and top to bottom here is the scoop on each picture.
  • Andrew's final season of baseball, where he hit 6 home runs and earned the title Bat Man
  • Andrew and I on the playground at Pickneyville Park, while Matt practiced with his travel team
  • Andrew and Natalia just before prom
  • One of many of Andrew's basketball team
  • Andrew in Kindergarten at Chattahoochee Elementary - taking a break at recess
  • Matt, Andrew and I at Andrew's Duluth High School graduation
  • Matt, Andrew and I at Andrew's graduation celebration at Arena Tavern
  • Andrew's third grade football team - a nearly undefeated season
  • Andrew's awkward sophomore year before the best hair cut and style ever
  • Andrew at his graduation
  • Andrew in one of his senior pictures
  • Andrew and Natalia at a Braves game
I'm so grateful to have this blanket (which is as large as queen sized bed) and all the wonderful memories it brings.  I've said thank you a dozen times, cried a dozen more over this very thoughtful gift, but I don't know that I will ever be able to adequately express how much I love it!



1 comment:

  1. Oh, Lori! This is such an incredible gift! What a treasure! And it shows just how much Andrew and you are loved by your co-workers. Just amazing!

    ReplyDelete