Monday, August 22, 2016

Birth Month - Day 22 (Birthday)



Today Andrew would have turned 21.  Today I should be celebrating with him, not in memory of him.  It's a difficult day, but one that is going to come around every year and bring sadness over his loss and a nod to what might have been for his life.  My heart is heavy today but Matt and I honored him with breakfast at Waffle House and a couple of games of bowling.  Jet skiing was another thrilling thing Andrew loved to do and I thought it would be appropriate to spread some ashes out where he loved to ride when in Panama City Beach, but that didn't work out for today.  I will try again later this week.

I also thought it might be nice to list 21 things I love about Andrew.  Feel free to add to the list.
  1. His eyes - they were a gorgeous, hypnotic blue
  2. His eyelashes - yeah totally not fair a boy should get such naturally long and dark lashes
  3. His smile - he actually had perfect teeth - without ever going to the dentist
  4. His laughter - especially if he was trying to be sneaky or found something really hysterical
  5. His love of animals - If he could have, he would have had every pet under the sun
  6. His video game addiction - while it often drove me crazy, it also gave him other great skills
  7. His work ethic - He never missed a day of work, unless he was truly sick
  8. His love of country - Andrew was a red, white, and blue die hard
  9. His tenderness with children - He was great with kids, especially one on one when no one else was watching
  10. His love for his brother - Matt was Andrew's most beloved family member and friend
  11. His respect for his uncle - Andrew admired and respected Chris, always
  12. His competitiveness - I love that he would not give up on something he really wanted
  13. His compassion for others - He always helped whenever he could
  14. His passion for sports - I loved watching him play, hearing about what he knew, and discussing what was happening in the sports world
  15. His adventurous spirit - he was always up for any kind of new experience
  16. His helpful nature - if I needed something done around the house, he would be there with his tools to get it done
  17. His devotion to Natalia - he loved her and would have married her one day
  18. His dedication to Zeus - he followed through on his word to train and care for him
  19. His wicked sense of humor - even if I was mad at him, he could always make me laugh
  20. His impatience - actually this drove me nuts, but loving Andrew meant loving everything
  21. And finally, his love for Jesus - I know he is heaven and that I will see him again.  So thankful we have that because of our belief in Christ.
Happy Birthday in Heaven, Andrew - You are loved and missed greatly here!

Thanks to everyone who has called or texted or posted to share prayers and thoughts on this special day.  I am sure Andrew and his Nana are partying up in heaven today.  Tough day for those who love them, but I know they are safe in God's arms.

2 comments: